Skip to main content

THE POWER OF HUMILITY






















S.E.E.D. For Today____Humility

Scripture "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3 NIV

Our attitudes toward one another are important and there are special bonds to one another due to our relationship in Christ. Paul says that we must have the same attitude that Christ had. Though He was God He did not think of Himself equal with God as something to cling to. Instead He took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being, and when He appeared in human form, He then humbled himself in obedience to God and died as a criminal on a cross. The Power Of Humility obtained our salvation, Jesus thought of us better than Himself. Humility does not mean putting ourselves down but rather lifting others up. If you want to make God happy, be unselfish with one another, treat others like you want to be treated. Jesus gave up trying to advance Himself, He lived to help others, yes humility is a difficult thing. Just when you think you have it, you've lost it. Humility is essential so let's do what it takes to walk in it.

Example Humility a modest view of one's own importance, the quality or state of not thinking you are better than, the show of meekness.

Exercise Read Philippians 2:1-11 Journal and Talk to God. How prideful are you still? Do you walk in humility? Discuss this within yourself and the Holy Spirit. Humility is essential to successful relationships. C. S. Lewis says; "Pride is the mother hen under which all other sins are hatched." And unknown author quoted "It is the oil that makes the intersecting gears of human personalities turn without grinding on each other." We need the anointing that breaks the yoke of pride, to operate in humility.

Devotion Lord I thank You for being our example of humility, I pray for the strength to bear the challenge of releasing selfishness and conceit. God I know that it is all about what I value and I value your commandments, Your Word, and all Your intent for my life. I pray that I will not seek to isolate my kindness but I will seek those that I can show kindness to. Lord I humble myself in total submission to You in Jesus Name Amen.







Comments

  1. Lord I Humble Myself to You.
    I Summit Myself to you God.
    Help Me and Teach Me How to Treat Others with love and Kindness.
    In Jesus Name.
    ,"Amen"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank God because once on a while we need to be humbled under God.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UN-DO!

S.E.E.D. For Today: Scripture: "Undo The Heavy Burdens" ( Isaiah 58:6 ) Example: There was a great deal of injustice in the land and with the rich exploiting the poor and the rulers using their authority only to make themselves richer. It was a conflict between truth and lies, just like in our land today. The people of God were no different in operating under the same system as this. But God called them out and wanted them to understand that their fasting was in vain if they did not undo the heavy burden they placed on others while still outwardly devoting themselves to religion or as they thought to God. Exercise: Let's invite the Holy Spirit to solve problems and aid us in lifting loads and overcome barriers that keep us and our loved ones from walking joyfully in the Lord. In self-denying love and care for others, let's undo any heavy burden or untie any yoke that we may have placed upon friends, family, associates or even employees. Devotion: Lord toda...

Bursting Out Of It!

S.E.E.D. For Today:  Scripture: "Is this not the the fast which I have chosen: Loosen the bonds of wickedness." ( Isaiah 58:6 ) Explanation: There should be the right motive when we fast. The people of God in Isaiah observed but there was no change in them. When fasting we do not want to look at it as a religious ritual, but a means to transformation. The fruit of repentance ought to be evident in relationship with one another and our neighbor. If we fast and persist in arrogance, stubbornness, fighting and strife then we are only doing this out of routine. Exercise: Prayer is important to experience the grace and power of God when fasting. Without the consistency of prayer we will not see breakthrough. God is challenging us to do the fast He has chosen, the first means of business is releasing or loosing the bonds of wickedness. Whatever besets itself and entangles you again under the same slave system of missing the mark with God has to let you go. I challenge you ...

MOTIVATE

S.E.E.D. For Today_ Motivate S-cripture Hebrews 10:24 "Let Us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works" NLT The author's exhortation of faith, hope and love elaborates on the greatest of this triad which is love. Love is the greatest way to motivate because it is communal that it reaches out to others. The writer incites the believer that with great enthusiasm we motivate one another to love and to do good works. Example Provoke, encourage, stimulate, push, sharpen, provide the stimulus needed to go forth or not give up. Exercise Today challenge yourself to think of ways to motivate one another, pick up the phone call someone and motivate them to continue in the Lord, motivate someone to forgive and move forward, love and not hate, to be confident in God's Word for their lives. Motivate one another not to let sin deceive them, think of ways to provide the stimulus needed for the individuals you consider to reach. Devotion Lord ...