Skip to main content

IDENTIFY



S.E.E.D. For Today_Identity

Scripture "For we are God's Masterpiece. He created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things that He planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10 NLT

If you ever questioned your identity, who you are and why you exist, this is the answer. You are God's  Masterpiece. We are God's work of art, He is the creator, nothing exist apart from Him. He brought everything into being. We are the apex of God's workmanship not even the angels can compare to us for we are made in the image of God. Many Christians wonder about their identity in Christ, but you, the individual, you are God's special possession, the apple of His eye, heirs of the Kingdom of God. We often question our identity, why do we standout from the crowd, why am I different, why can't I be common? A masterpiece depending on the artist can have tremendous value,  your worth to God is priceless. The price was so high for His human masterpiece that He paid to get it back from the thief with His son's life. You see the thief Satan trespassed against God in His museum the Garden of Eden and stole His creation. He robbed them of relationship and peace with it's creator. God already prepared a path for us determined before we were ever born. He knew your identity while you were in the womb, the purpose and will for your life. Through Christ we have a new identity so we can do the good things that He planned for us.

Example The qualities, beliefs that distinguish a person or a thing.

Exercise Read Ephesians 2:10; 2 Corinthians 5:17; 2 Corinthians 1:22 Listen, the enemy does not want you to realize your true identity. We remain stagnated because we can't identify with what God's word says about us. Don't be lost or confused about who you are, "He has identified us as His own by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts."(2 Corinthians 1:22a) Journal and talk to God about abandoning any image of yourself,  and what others have said about you.

Devotion Lord my prayer for today is to identify who I really am. I pray that I accept and embrace your assessment of me. I pray that my identity will be shaped by the Word of God not from the lies of the devil. I declare that I am God's Masterpiece, I have a new ID, I have been identified as His own. I cancel out every lie I have told myself about myself, I am who I am because of Christ in Jesus Name Amen.

Comments

  1. I so love this post. Everyday we must declare who we are because if we dont we will allow the world and other to create their image of us. Powerful Pastor and I thank God for you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UN-DO!

S.E.E.D. For Today: Scripture: "Undo The Heavy Burdens" ( Isaiah 58:6 ) Example: There was a great deal of injustice in the land and with the rich exploiting the poor and the rulers using their authority only to make themselves richer. It was a conflict between truth and lies, just like in our land today. The people of God were no different in operating under the same system as this. But God called them out and wanted them to understand that their fasting was in vain if they did not undo the heavy burden they placed on others while still outwardly devoting themselves to religion or as they thought to God. Exercise: Let's invite the Holy Spirit to solve problems and aid us in lifting loads and overcome barriers that keep us and our loved ones from walking joyfully in the Lord. In self-denying love and care for others, let's undo any heavy burden or untie any yoke that we may have placed upon friends, family, associates or even employees. Devotion: Lord toda...

Bursting Out Of It!

S.E.E.D. For Today:  Scripture: "Is this not the the fast which I have chosen: Loosen the bonds of wickedness." ( Isaiah 58:6 ) Explanation: There should be the right motive when we fast. The people of God in Isaiah observed but there was no change in them. When fasting we do not want to look at it as a religious ritual, but a means to transformation. The fruit of repentance ought to be evident in relationship with one another and our neighbor. If we fast and persist in arrogance, stubbornness, fighting and strife then we are only doing this out of routine. Exercise: Prayer is important to experience the grace and power of God when fasting. Without the consistency of prayer we will not see breakthrough. God is challenging us to do the fast He has chosen, the first means of business is releasing or loosing the bonds of wickedness. Whatever besets itself and entangles you again under the same slave system of missing the mark with God has to let you go. I challenge you ...

MOTIVATE

S.E.E.D. For Today_ Motivate S-cripture Hebrews 10:24 "Let Us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works" NLT The author's exhortation of faith, hope and love elaborates on the greatest of this triad which is love. Love is the greatest way to motivate because it is communal that it reaches out to others. The writer incites the believer that with great enthusiasm we motivate one another to love and to do good works. Example Provoke, encourage, stimulate, push, sharpen, provide the stimulus needed to go forth or not give up. Exercise Today challenge yourself to think of ways to motivate one another, pick up the phone call someone and motivate them to continue in the Lord, motivate someone to forgive and move forward, love and not hate, to be confident in God's Word for their lives. Motivate one another not to let sin deceive them, think of ways to provide the stimulus needed for the individuals you consider to reach. Devotion Lord ...