Skip to main content

Preacher! Preach Me a Sermon I want to Hear

"The time will come when people will not listen to sound doctrine, but will follow their own desires and will collect for themselves more and more teachers who will tell them what they are itching to hear. They will turn away from listening to the truth........" 2 Timothy 4:3 Good News Bible




Preach us a sermon, Preacher, But don’t preach very long;
Just tell the story of Christ’s love, But don’t condemn the wrong.
Say not a thing of false doctrines, others might get offended. We don't want people to turn away from us or call us narrow minded.


Preach us a sermon, Preacher, But don’t preach very plain;
Let others guess at what you mean; Don’t ever call a name;
We’ll sing your praises loud and long, And we will praise you many a day,
But if you make it clear, you will hear, I don't like this church, I'm out of here.

Preach us a sermon, Preacher, But say nothing of our sins;
Let us keep on like we have done; And perhaps we’ll make amends.
Please let us dance, and gamble, too, And go to every show.
Make secure and very pure; We’re human, don’t you know?

Preach us a sermon, Preacher, But say nothing of what we need to do.
Tell us all about God’s grace, And all about heaven’s beauty too.
But please don't forget to leave out the things that we must do.
We’re busy making money; We haven’t time, can’t spare the tenth,
Won’t be there Sunday, and when I do come, don't do it, don't ask me for a dime.

Preach us a sermon, Preacher, and when I have time to die.
Tell all the folks about how I made it to my home beyond the sky.
Preach us a sermon, Preacher, Preach me into heaven;
For that’s the only way I'll get there, maybe I"ll get by.________Anonymous

The church today has plugged their ears to the truth, but yet get excited about a lie. False prophecies, that people want to hear, but they never come to pass. Messages that make people shout and dance in church, but still no change occurs, they leave church go to the club and yes, dance some more. Offended by the truth, angry with the preacher, they tell their clique buddies, please I don't want to hear that. God knows we're human, and I do pray and watch christian television when nothing else is on. "Many church attenders do not want healthy (sound) doctrine, instead, they want religious entertainment from Christian performers who will tickle their ears. We have a love for novelty in the churches today. Too often the person who simply opens the Bible and teaches it is ignored, while the shallow religious entertainer becomes a celebrity, as people turn away from the truth and believe man-made fables." WBE

Preacher keep the fire low, I don't want to feel guilty when I leave here today. I hear you loud and clear, but the truth of the matter is please, preacher I want to hear a message that I want to hear. The Truth is, it cost too much to change! Preacher please preach me a message that I want to hear, then and only then does my ear seem to be clear. Please don't send me home convicted, because my friends will walk away. Please preacher preach a message I want to hear so they will come next sunday. My lovers, my text, my emails and facebook are so fascinating, please don't tell me not to gossip, for what will I talk about.

Preacher please I can't sleep at night because I know I'm living foul, but preacher please preach a message I want to hear, please, maybe once in a while.

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, people of God. This is the message you don't want to hear, Jesus is coming back again, so open your ears, harden not your heart, give up your unforbidden passions, everything that makes you an enemy of God, and get ready, get ready, get ready. If you don't believe me if you end up in Hell you will hear the preacher's messages over and over again and most certainly, you will hear them, OH so well!

Comments

  1. WOW.. this was very powerful. You are so right about wanting to hear what will tickle our ears and cause a flurry of emotions. However, we are stupid to beleiev this is what having a relationship with Christ consist of. Although I have much growing to do and more life to experience, I understand, today, that not feeling any conviction to the word of God will certainly harden your heart. If you feel pain, then you are growing. Like a m muscle, it has to undergo stress to grow. I love this post becuase again I understand the importance of my spiritual life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gospel Moments In Black History

  Today we are honored to spotlight Apostle Jimmie Ellis III. A true pioneer in the Kingdom of God and a testimony that makes the Black Church very proud. Dr. Jimmie A. Ellis, Ill the dynamic Senior Pastor of Victory Christian Center , is both recognized and respected for his standard of excellence in ministry. He is a highly sought after speaker who is anointed in the areas of teaching, leadership, mentoring and fatherhood. Dr. Ellis possesses an extraordinary revelation of the Word of God. His dynamic yet practical teaching style has led many to give their lives to Jesus Christ. His life-changing teachings on holy living, home and marriage, purpose and financial freedom are empowering generations. Raised in the Mount Olive Apostolic Church, under the pastorship of Dr, John Myers , Dr. Ellis accepted Jesus at the age of nine. By age twelve, Dr. Ellis began teaching Bible study. In 1983, he was released to pastor. He then founded the Bible Enlightenment Christian Center with just 7

UN-DO!

S.E.E.D. For Today: Scripture: "Undo The Heavy Burdens" ( Isaiah 58:6 ) Example: There was a great deal of injustice in the land and with the rich exploiting the poor and the rulers using their authority only to make themselves richer. It was a conflict between truth and lies, just like in our land today. The people of God were no different in operating under the same system as this. But God called them out and wanted them to understand that their fasting was in vain if they did not undo the heavy burden they placed on others while still outwardly devoting themselves to religion or as they thought to God. Exercise: Let's invite the Holy Spirit to solve problems and aid us in lifting loads and overcome barriers that keep us and our loved ones from walking joyfully in the Lord. In self-denying love and care for others, let's undo any heavy burden or untie any yoke that we may have placed upon friends, family, associates or even employees. Devotion: Lord toda

Looking Forward to What Lies Ahead

"But all these things that I once thought very worthwhile, now I've thrown them all away so that I can put my trust and hope in Christ alone. Yes everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have put aside all else, counting it worth less than nothing, in order that I can have Christ, and become one with Him, no longer counting on being saved by being good enough or by obeying God's laws, but by trusting Christ to save me; for God's way of making us right with Himself depends on faith, counting on Christ alone. Now I have given up everything else, I have found it to be the only way to really know Christ and to experience the mighty power that brought Him back to life again, and to find out what it means to suffer and to die with Him. So whatever it takes, I will be one who lives in the fresh newness of life of those who are alive from the dead. I don't mean to say I am perfect. I haven't learned all I sho