Skip to main content

Divine Shade
























S.E.E.D. For Today_Shade

Scripture "My people will again live under My shade. They will flourish like grain and blossom like grapevines." Hosea 14:7ab NLT

After God's people had to live in the wilderness again He brought them into a place that signified a new life. God restores His favor upon His people. The shade represented a shelter that covered them and provided relief from the sun. This is a season when God's people will experience a comeback. God in His mercy answers their prayer, He will show them once more His love and restore the blessings of the Lord in abundance. The people repented and prayed to God, in v.8 He lets them know "I am the One who answers your prayers and cares for you. I am like a tree that is always green; and all your fruit comes from Me." Those that sit beneath this Tree will flourish with freshness and vitality. This shade will give God's people the ability to recover and be revived. Under His shade they will experience the splendor  the glory and the fragrance of His love.

Example Shade in this instance would be to shadow, to cover or protect, which God promises for those that dwell in Him. "Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest (peace and protection) in the shadow (shade) of the Almighty." Psalms 91:1

Exercise Read Hosea 14th Chapter and Psalms 91

Devotion Lord I pray today that I live again under Your Divine Shade, that I will flourish like grain and blossom like grapevines in every area of my life. I declare Lord that You alone are my refuge and my place of safety, You are my God the One that I trust. I trust You to rescue me from every trap and protect me from every deadly disease. Today shadow me with Your goodness and Your kindness. I pray that I be mindful that I sin not against You that I do not throw shade, through my arrogance, pride and disobedience. I pray this with a repentant heart in Jesus Name Amen.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UN-DO!

S.E.E.D. For Today: Scripture: "Undo The Heavy Burdens" ( Isaiah 58:6 ) Example: There was a great deal of injustice in the land and with the rich exploiting the poor and the rulers using their authority only to make themselves richer. It was a conflict between truth and lies, just like in our land today. The people of God were no different in operating under the same system as this. But God called them out and wanted them to understand that their fasting was in vain if they did not undo the heavy burden they placed on others while still outwardly devoting themselves to religion or as they thought to God. Exercise: Let's invite the Holy Spirit to solve problems and aid us in lifting loads and overcome barriers that keep us and our loved ones from walking joyfully in the Lord. In self-denying love and care for others, let's undo any heavy burden or untie any yoke that we may have placed upon friends, family, associates or even employees. Devotion: Lord toda...

Bursting Out Of It!

S.E.E.D. For Today:  Scripture: "Is this not the the fast which I have chosen: Loosen the bonds of wickedness." ( Isaiah 58:6 ) Explanation: There should be the right motive when we fast. The people of God in Isaiah observed but there was no change in them. When fasting we do not want to look at it as a religious ritual, but a means to transformation. The fruit of repentance ought to be evident in relationship with one another and our neighbor. If we fast and persist in arrogance, stubbornness, fighting and strife then we are only doing this out of routine. Exercise: Prayer is important to experience the grace and power of God when fasting. Without the consistency of prayer we will not see breakthrough. God is challenging us to do the fast He has chosen, the first means of business is releasing or loosing the bonds of wickedness. Whatever besets itself and entangles you again under the same slave system of missing the mark with God has to let you go. I challenge you ...

MOTIVATE

S.E.E.D. For Today_ Motivate S-cripture Hebrews 10:24 "Let Us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works" NLT The author's exhortation of faith, hope and love elaborates on the greatest of this triad which is love. Love is the greatest way to motivate because it is communal that it reaches out to others. The writer incites the believer that with great enthusiasm we motivate one another to love and to do good works. Example Provoke, encourage, stimulate, push, sharpen, provide the stimulus needed to go forth or not give up. Exercise Today challenge yourself to think of ways to motivate one another, pick up the phone call someone and motivate them to continue in the Lord, motivate someone to forgive and move forward, love and not hate, to be confident in God's Word for their lives. Motivate one another not to let sin deceive them, think of ways to provide the stimulus needed for the individuals you consider to reach. Devotion Lord ...